2021-22 Budget Drive Information
Click here to complete your 2021-2022 Online Pledge
Friends, It’s Budget Drive time again! As you know, this community is funded primarily by donations from its members and friends, especially in a year with no rentals and limited ability to do extra fundraisers. We have an ambitious goal of $375,000 and received $72,700 in early pledges – that’s about 19%. Thank you to the board and others who are leading the way.
Stewardship is the way we care for one another and the resources at our disposal. This is a time of uncertainty on many different levels. When will we be able to gather in person again? What will happen with lost jobs or income? What will change (or not change) when you and others are vaccinated? What is it going to be like to live through the next months and years, and how will our familiar places and habits change?
It may not feel like it, but this is also a time of great possibility – with many opportunities to be creative and find new ways to be together. With the significant work that has been done since GUUF’s strategic plan was created and adopted, you are so close to realizing many of the goals you have set for yourself. You have accomplished so much in the past few years, and you are poised to continue to survive and thrive as we come out of this pandemic together
As you consider your financial commitment for the coming year, I invite you to consider the following questions: How has the Greenville UU Fellowship changed your life? And what is it worth to you to fund the dreams you have dreamed together?
When we share our resources freely and with love, there is always enough.
With love and gratitude for your generosity,
Rev. Lisa Bovee Kemper
What is a pledge and why is it important?
A pledge is a promise to donate to the Greenville UU Fellowship during the next fiscal year. (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.) It’s a statement of support and belief in who we are and where we’re headed. Pledges let us know what funds we can realistically count on to cover the cost of programs, personnel and facilities. It’s what we base our budget on.
Is a financial pledge required for membership?
Supporting the Fellowship financially is a commitment we make when becoming a member, but the inability to make a pledge never disqualifies anyone from membership. Pledges make up over 85% of our income. We ask that you carefully consider what you are able to contribute.
How do I fulfill my pledge?
- Make weekly, monthly or quarterly payments or one annual payment
- Mail it in or drop it into the collection basket (after COVID!) Envelopes are in the pews for cash. Please write your name on the envelope and note “Pledge” on envelopes or checks.)
- Set up automatic payments from your bank, just as you may already do for many of your other payment, See links below.
- Have payments drawn from your bank account by filling out a VANCO authorization form available at the link below, Banks do charge GUUF a small percentage fee for this.
- Click the PayPal link below or any yellow “Donate here” button on the website. (There is a small fee to donate via PayPal)
- Donate securities: stocks, bonds, mutual funds. See link to form below.
Please note: If we don’t hear from you by the end of our budget drive (April 30, 2021) we will roll over your previous year’s pledge. Thank-you!
Click Here for instructions on how to set up automatic Bill Payment
Click Here for a VANCO auto bank draft form
Click Here for a Stock, Bond or Mutual Funds Donation form
Click the button shown below to use PayPal to fulfill your pledge