Every participant is asked to register so we have important information about your youth and can best serve their needs. Click here to register your family for children and youth programs at GUUF.
The Youth Group is for young people in grades 6-12 who practice UU values of inclusivity and social justice. Our goal is to bind an enduring community together, and strengthen connections between young people.
Meeting Times & Locations
The youth group has a planning meeting on the first Sunday of each month at 10:00 before the Sunday service. The group coordinates one social event each month.
What Does the Youth Group Do?
We strive for a healthy mix of social events, structured learning, unstructured time, and social justice projects. Group members are empowered to plan and coordinate events alongside the Youth Director.
Examples of semi-regular annual events include:
- Youth Conferences at The Mountain Retreat and Learning Center
- High schoolers’ All Night Out
- Poverty Lockout
- Messy Game Night
- Fundraisers & service projects
- Holiday parties
Youth Group FAQs
- Where should I send questions about the youth group or upcoming events? Please email the Youth Director, Stephen Shelato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I find the permission slip? Permission slips are required for any offsite event attended by youth without a parent or guardian. You can fill out the form here and email it to email@example.com.
Meet the Youth Director
Stephen Shelato (like “gelato”) is responsible for coordinating the youth group. By day he is a cooperative developer working to popularize economic democracy in the Upstate. In past work lives he was a Staff Development Specialist at the Greenville Library and an Economic Mobility Coach at United Ministries. He has a bachelors in Human Services, an associates in Computer Programming, and is halfway through a masters in Social Work.