Bulletin/Display Boards & Posting of Information
Approved by Board: February 11, 2015
Communication and sharing of information with Fellowship members, friends and visitors is encouraged. It should be in keeping with our mission and principles as well as provided in a clear and constructive manner. All printed or photographic materials should reflect ownership or contact information when possible.
Posting of temporary informational flyers, notes, posters, etc. should be on appropriate Bulletin Boards placed in the Fellowship Hall. Items posted should be timely, thematically consistent with the category in which it is placed and visually appealing.
Printed material, paper, flyers, posters, etc. of a temporary nature are NOT to be attached/adhered to any walls, doors or windows.
• Religious Education Bulletin Boards should be placed and managed in RE classrooms, or closely adjacent to them, at the discretion of the Director of Lifespan Religious Education.
• Bulletin Boards in the Fellowship Hall – These bulletin boards will enable information and communication for members, friends and visitors. Posters, flyers, requests, news items, etc. should be posted to the appropriate board and removed in a timely manner to keep content current.
To assist with easy access and organization, the Communications & Technology Committee will ensure that the boards (or portions thereof) will be labeled to denote the category of information to be posted there in the following broad categories. The amount of space needed for various committees may vary from time to time, so the categorical areas of the bulletin boards may be reallocated accordingly.
• Greenville Community – posters and flyers from the Greenville and surrounding communities. This area of the bulletin board is anticipated to be utilized by members, friends, visitors, etc. It will be managed/maintained by the Fellowship Administrator.
• GUUF Community – information about activities, programs, events, news, volunteer opportunities, etc. for and about our Fellowship. This area of the bulletin board is anticipated to be utilized by Program Council Committees, Standing Committees, Board, Staff, etc. It will be managed/maintained by the Fellowship Administrator.
• Greater UU Community – information about activities, events, news, etc. regarding the greater UU Community. This area of the bulletin board is anticipated to be utilized by Fellowship leadership, staff, Denominational Affairs Committee, etc. It will be managed/maintained by the Denominational Affairs Committee.
• RE – information about activities, programs, needs, opportunities, etc. for and about our Lifespan Religious Education programs. This area of the bulletin board is anticipated to be utilized by the Adult RE Committee, the Children and Youth RE Committee, and Director of LRE. It will be managed/maintained by the Director of LRE.